May: Mental Health Awareness
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and in order to bring awareness to mental health and our veterans, WarriorNOW is hosting a photography/artwork contest. Between May 1, 2020 and May 26, 2020, submit your photo or artwork representing the theme of the month: Mental Health Awareness.
Please read rules guidelines below prior to submission. If you have any questions please reach out: email@example.com
Rules for entry:
1. The WarriorNow Photo contest is only open to veterans, veteran family members, and veteran supporters. There will be two categories for awards, Veteran and Veteran Supporter. Every veteran entrant needs to be able to provide a valid document that proves their veteran status. Examples of documents that count as proof include, but are not limited to:
DoD Retiree ID
The organization reserves the right to ask for additional information to help clarify the veteran status.
2. The photographer/artist(s) must be the author(s) of the pictures/artwork submitted in his/her/their name.
3. The photographer/artist(s), or the agent or representative entering on their behalf, must be the copyright holder(s) or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to submit the pictures/artwork.
4. A picture/piece of art can only be entered once. Pictures/artwork submitted more than once will be removed from the contest.
5. We will use winning images/pieces of art for the production of our social media, art and exhibition. Pictures/artwork must meet the following specifications:
Upload images/artwork with the original pixel size (unless cropped). Do not scale and do not change the resolution.
Must be uploaded in JPEG format WarriorNow will use winning images for high quality reproduction.
6. Pictures/artwork must not show the name of the photographer/artist or any other information.
7. Pictures/artwork taken at restricted events (that is, events where only photographers commissioned by those organizing the event, for example governments, political parties or corporations have access), are not accepted.
8. All pictures/artwork must have accurate captions, written in English only, and contain all the information following:
· Can be between 1 and 50 words long.
· Should capture the essence of the photograph/piece of art
· Must not contain any profane or disparaging language. All submission containing profanity or disparaging comments will be removed from the contest.
· At the end of the caption the photographer/artist’s name should appear i.e. (By: John Smith)
9. Entries must be submitted via the official contest platform. Entries sent in other ways will not be accepted.
10. The closing date for submitting entries to the May 2020 Contest is 26 May 2020, 11.59 PM Mountain Standard Time.
11. Copyright holders retain copyright of their work. For awarded pictures/artwork, copyright holders grant the WarriorNow unlimited non-exclusive use of high- resolution pictures/artwork for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, the exhibition, public archive, and all promotional and educational activities for and under the auspices of the WarriorNow, without any remuneration being due.
12. For all pictures/artwork except awarded pictures, copyright holders grant the WarriorNow non-exclusive use of low-resolution pictures in a non-public archive for its educational and research activities, without any remuneration being due.
13. The copyright holders represent and warrant that submission of the pictures/artwork does not breach any law, and further that no third party can hold any claims or any objections regarding the rights granted to the WarriorNow specified in articles 11 and 12. The copyright holders will hold the WarriorNow harmless of any claims from third parties related hereto.
14. The Entry Rules and any dispute, proceedings or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Entry Rules (including any non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by Colorado law.
22. The conditions set out in the Entry Rules are binding, and the WarriorNow reserves the right to refuse or exclude any entry at its own discretion.
The jury will consist of the WarrirorNow Board. Board members and their immediate family members will not be eligible for participation in the contest.
May Contest Categories
The May photo contest in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month will cover the topic of Mental Health.
Photos/artwork can be entered and will be judged in the following categories:
- Digital Art
- Digital Art
How to upload
- Photos/artwork must be uploaded to the WarriorNow photo/artwork contest page at www.warriornow.org/artworkofthemonth
- Must be uploaded in JPEG format with high quality compression. We will use winning images for high quality reproduction.
- In the same period, participants can be contacted and asked to verify their captions and metadata with the fact-checking team.
- The general procedures ensure a fair judging process and must be adhered to at all times.
- Jury members cannot enter the contest in the year they are judging.
- Each jury member, whether an ordinary member or chair, has one equal vote.
- Jurors cannot abstain from voting at any stage of the judging process.
- All entries are coded, with identifying information removed from the pictures/artwork so the work is judged anonymously. At no stage of the process – and in no discussion either in or outside the judging rooms – should jury members speculate on, or reveal, any names of participating photographers/artwork.
- In all categories juries must award a first, second and third prize.
- The General Jury must award the WarriorNow Photo/artwork of the Month prize.
- If jury members recognize they are personally involved in submitted work, through either a personal or professional relationship, they must declare their interest openly at the beginning of any discussions on the work.
- In situations for which the judging procedures do not provide, the secretary, in close consultation with the jury chair and the jury coordinator, will decide how to proceed. If no agreement can be reached, the WarriorNow, in the person of its Managing Director, will decide on the proper procedure.
WarriorNow Photo/Artwork of the Month
The WarriorNow Photo/Artwork of the Month award honors the photographer/artist whose visual creativity and skills made a picture that captures or represents an event or issue of the topic set forth that month.
- Represents an event or issue of relevance to the photo of the month contest topic
- Visual creativity and skills